Maryland is Open for Business!
…And it wants your business to be successful in the State!
This website was created to provide businesses, including non-profits and Preferred Providers, with the tools and training necessary to successfully bid or propose on Maryland contracts.
On this website you will have links to:
- The eMaryland Marketplace Advantage “Bid Board” for access to the electronic solicitation notifications and depending on the procurement, the ability to bid online;
- The Small Business Reserve (SBR) Program to self-certify your small business in Maryland;
- The Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Program to become a certified minority business in Maryland; and
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to begin the verification process to have your Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) or Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) become eligible for the VA Veterans First Contracting Program and a verified Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise (VSBE) in the Maryland VSBE Program.
Additionally, you will have access to training modules created by the Governor’s Office of Minority Affairs (GOMA) and the Department of General Services (DGS) on how to create a bid or avoid mistakes in proposing to State of Maryland solicitations. There is also a link to the Maryland Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) to receive counseling and training to successfully bid or propose on all government contracts.
ALL BUSINESSES contracting with the State of Maryland MUST REGISTER with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT). Click here for helpful resources for new and existing businesses, including a “Checklist for New Businesses” and “Questions and Answers for Non-Maryland (Foreign) Businesses”.
eMMA Support Resources
For help registering and using the eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA) several resources are available to vendors.
- Quick Reference Guides (QRGs) for using the eMMA system successfully.
- Dedicated eMMA helpdesk for eMMA specific live support. Email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for the quickest help!
- eMMA Training for Vendors for registering your business and submitting successful bids!
- Upcoming Vendor webinars for live information on how eMMA! (Calendar and link to register posted soon!)
If you have any suggestions for or comments about this website, please contact Jamie Tomaszewski at Jamie.email@example.com or 410-260-7386.