Maryland is Open for Business!
…And it wants your business to be successful in the State!
This website was created to provide businesses, including non-profits and Preferred Providers, with the tools and training necessary to successfully bid or propose on Maryland contracts.
On this website you will have links to:
- The eMaryland Marketplace Advantage “Bid Board” for access to the electronic solicitation notifications and depending on the procurement, the ability to bid online;
- The Small Business Reserve (SBR) Program to self-certify your small business in Maryland;
- The Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Program to become a certified minority business in Maryland; and
- The Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise (VSBE) Program to complete the 3-step certification process.
The Governor’s Office of Small, Minority & Women Business Affairs hosts the Technical Training Classroom and offers free monthly webinars on a variety of topics, many of which are designed to help vendors navigate the state procurement process with confidence.
There is also a link to the Maryland Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) to receive counseling and training to successfully bid or propose on all government contracts.
ALL BUSINESSES contracting with the State of Maryland MUST REGISTER with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT). Click here for helpful resources for new and existing businesses, including a “Checklist for New Businesses” and “Questions and Answers for Non-Maryland (Foreign) Businesses”.
eMMA Support Resources
For help registering and using the eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA) several resources are available to vendors.
- Quick Reference Guides (QRGs) for using the eMMA system successfully.
- Dedicated eMMA helpdesk for eMMA specific live support. Email them directly at email@example.com for the quickest help!
- eMMA Training for Vendors for registering your business and submitting successful bids!
- Upcoming Vendor webinars for live information on how eMMA! (Calendar and link to register posted soon!)